You've Got This
The checklist of the evolving spa business during (and after) the pandemic is ever changing. Estheticians need to focus on their strategies for long term results. In your business, create a checklist and employ your staff to help you accomplish safety measures and other tasks as a team.
• Address check-in and check-out. Does the patient call in and you let them know when it’s safe to come in? Is there a separate door or exit option available?
• Think about payment, establishing a cashless, touchless payment option if possible.
• Look at your online presence. Think about adding education online and having an online product store for clients.
• Ensure staff have been trained on new protocols and put measurements in place for accountability.
• Educate guests on how you are keeping them safe, sanitizing etc.
• Contact VIPs and offer to book them and guests with cancelled appointments first. The VIPS will give you the feedback that you might need to tweak the new systems.
• Open with a smaller window of hours of operation, spacing out appointments. Perhaps even focus on reopening for a few days a week (Thursday-Saturday) initially to get the systems in place and allow for people to come in.
• Address how you will meet with business partners moving forward.